Friday, May 20, 2016

Patriotic Door Decor

Patriotic Door Decor

Memorial Day is next weekend (and July 4th is just around the corner).....perfect excuse to get my patriotic decorations out today. However, I didn't have anything good for the front door. After searching Pinterest last night and seeing lots of lovely wreaths, I decided I wanted something different.

I love the baskets and buckets of flowers I see on doors, so I headed to Hobby Lobby this morning in search of the perfect container. It was one of those "I'll know it when I see it" shopping trips!

Hobby Lobby had plenty to choose from, but I finally settled on a very simple woven basket. I also picked up some faux greenery (my front porch gets too much direct sun to use the real thing), wired ribbon, and a package of flags.


I found some styrofoam in my stash to go inside the basket
I used a length of jute to make the hanging strap. I cut it short because I really didn't want it to show.

The bow.....hmmm.....I can make a terrific bow about every third attempt. Anyone else have this problem? Since its been awhile, I used this great tutorial from Tidbits & Twine. She has great photos for each step if you need help or just a refresher like me!

The flags were stuck into the styrofoam amongst the greenery and raffia. Then, I added my bow to the front using a little florist wire wrapped around the basket weave.

Simple, but I love how it turned out and how it looks on the front door!

Patriotic Door Decor

God bless America!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I love reading what you think about my projects, recipes, et cetera.