Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Office Decor

I have an office!  It’s not big or fancy and I share it with a part-time coworker, but I have an office.  It has been a loooooong time since I had a “desk job” with an office, but a new space to decorate…I am all over that!!

Wanting a “happy” place to work all-day, I decided to decorate my half of the space using fun, bright colors and photos of some of my former patients.My Bulletin Board FabricAfter purchasing an inexpensive 24” x 36” framed cork board, I covered it in this pretty fabric from Hobby Lobby.  The fabric has a dark grey background with hot pink, turquoise, and lime green accents…this set the color scheme for my space.

Michael’s had these awesome frames in the unfinished wood section.  Aren’t they great?  I spray painted each one in a different color to match the fabric on my bulletin board.  I just love them!
My brightly colored frames
Green scroll frame from Michael's







Spraypainted wooden scroll frames
Then, I printed out my three photos in black & white.  The photos are 8X10 with 11X 14 white mats.
My new office photosI know you can’t tell from the picture, but these footprints are from the first micropreemie I ever cared for and are only a little taller than the height of a U.S. Quarter!Preemie footprintsI also picked up a turquoise collage frame for my desk (on clearance at Hobby Lobby) and some colorful thumbtacks for the bulletin board.My new office decorI took it all to work and decorated last week.  Now, my office looks so cute.  And, I just love the framed photos of some of my special patients.  Fun, right?
DSCN7111







3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I love the frames and I love the footprints. Awesome job! :)


    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love those colourful frames! I gotta make these for my office, too. Thanks for your awesome ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I love reading what you think about my projects, recipes, et cetera.