Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blog Design & Labor Day Weekend

So, what exciting things do you have planned for this long weekend?

I spent most of the morning "playing" with my blog design.  I think I like the new header.  I designed it myself using a digital scrapbooking software....super easy way to do this BTW.  I figure we rearrange our furniture in our homes, so why not our blog backgrounds?!?  Quite a few blogs that I follow have been giving some great blogging design tips out and I am having fun experimenting with a few...nothing fancy yet but we'll see.

Tomorrow my son and I are headed to LegoFest!  We are so excited to see what is in store for us there.  It is a 10-year-old boy's dream-come-true to be in a convention center filled with Legos!

Hope you all have a very happy Labor Day Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I am terrified to mess with my boring, stock blogger design. I really need to cute it up. Would you mind sharing one or two of the places you got tips on how to do yours? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and absolutely, Danni! I am no expert either, but as long as you save your current template just in case....have at it! There are tons of great ideas out there but here are a few I liked:
      http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/08/blogging-tips-10.html
      http://mycomputerismycanvas.blogspot.com/2010/07/design-your-own-blog-header.html
      http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/08/tips-for-laying-out-blog-posts.html

      Delete
  2. Julie, did you know that you are/or have become a "no-reply" blogger? If you have a google+ account this sometimes happens with blogger. Just thought you might want to know in case you wanted to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird, Danni! Thanks...I had no idea it changed on me! I think I got it fixed now.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting! I love reading what you think about my projects, recipes, et cetera.