Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Peppermint Bark Muddy Buddy Chex Mix COPYCAT Recipe



If you haven't experienced the delicious treat that is Chex Mix Peppermint Bark Muddy Buddies....you have missed out!!  I love all things peppermint and look forward to trying the new fun snacks and items that come out this time of year.

A few years ago, I stumbled upon this bag of sweetness at Target....and I was hooked!
Each year, I make a special trip to the Christmas aisles of Target in search of a bag...okay, several bags. This year, however, it WASN'T THERE!!  What??!!??  After a fruitless search, I went online and even Amazon said "unsure if this item will be available".  Ugh.

A holiday season without my favorite treat??  It couldn't happen, so I scoured Pinterest for recipes.  There are plenty.  BUT, do not be misled.....while the recipes may be yummy, many of them didn't even look like the Chex brand version.  Some of the recipes have pieces of peppermint bark in them, others include chopped candy canes, and then there are some that do not even have powdered sugar....gotta have that!

I finally decided I was going to try one I thought looked and sounded closest to the original simple store-bought version but then.....I saw these bags of candy Cane Wilton Candy Melts at Walmart today!


It seemed too easy....but, not only is this a super easy recipe, it tastes just like the original!
Easy and tasty...can't beat that!


5 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 bag (10 oz) Wilton Peppermint Candy Melts
1 cup powdered sugar (add extra if you need it...can't go wrong here!)

Melt your candy melts in the microwave or on the stovetop and pour over the cereal. Be sure to mix it gently but thoroughly so that all the cereal pieces are covered.  Then pour on the powdered sugar and mix well again.  Let it sit for a few minutes to cool completely and then try to keep from eating the whole bowl!  

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I love reading what you think about my projects, recipes, et cetera.