Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Great-Great Grandmother’s Sewing Box

This was my great-great-grandmother’s sewing box:DSCN7461
Isn’t that cool?  This was passed down to my great-grandmother and then to my Granny….and now to me!  Granny knows that I am “the keeper” (a.k.a. Pack Rat) and as a crafter this has a particularly special meaning.DSCN7462
DSCN7463
My Granny even taped a little note inside with my great-great-grandmother’s name and birthdate.  She was born in 1866! 
I don’t have a clue where my great-great-grandmother got the box or who made it for her, but it has not been repainted and it is in pretty good shape.  I currently have it on display on my living room shelves.  I love having a little bit of family history, don’t you?
DSCN7111

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I love reading what you think about my projects, recipes, et cetera.