Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

As a single gal, Valentine's Day is not that big of a deal to me.  However, I do have a 9-year old and I always do something special for my best Valentine!  This morning, he received a little gift and a bowl of cream of wheat with a heart drawn in honey.  And for his lunch, I packed him a quesadilla cut into a heart shape.  Silly, but fun, right?

Since I worked yesterday (I don't typically get home until almost 9pm), we kept the class cupcakes simple this year.  I made Devil's Food cupcakes with store-bought Strawberry Whipped Icing.  I topped each with a chocolate candy heart.  They came out pretty and I heard that the frosting was to die for!
My sweet boy (with some help from Grandma) made me an awesome paper-craft box with two jars of some of my favorite snacks.  He also made me a pretty card at school. Super cute and sweet!  The chocolate rose was a gift from my Dad.

I made some treats for my parents and grandmother too!  For my peanut loving Dad, it was just an easy baggie topper made in Microsoft Word.  For my mother and grandmother, I loved the Valentine's bookmarks from Thirty Handmade Days. She even included the printable to go with them for free!  Here are my version: 

Hope you had a SWEET day!







Pin It

This post is linked to:
http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/2012/02/uncommonly-yours-link-party-15.html,
http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/02/wow-me-wednesday-38-50-pick-your-plum.html,
http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/2012/02/wednesdays-wowzers-7.html

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Valentines! You sure do have a sweet son. I'm sure the apple doesn't fall from the tree there with all of your cute touches for breakfast, lunch, and cupcakes! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "go nuts for you" Valentine!!! SO cute! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I love reading what you think about my projects, recipes, et cetera.