Sunday, February 5, 2012

SuperBowl Sunday 2012!

It's SuperBowl Sunday! 
My son (9 years old) invited my Dad (Papa Joe) over for a "SuperBowl Party" and planned the menu for the big game!  I was in charge of the actual execution of said menu, but he picked it out.  We are having: Chips & Bean Dip, Chips & Salsa, Homemade Buffalo Wings, Chalupas, Beef Fajitas, Breaded Mozzarella Sticks, Cheetos Cheese Puffs, Sweet Peach Tea, and Orange Sherbert!  A little ecclectic, but they are some of his favorites and that's all that matters, right?

I did try to make some of the recipes a little healthier by using one of my favorite websites:  http://www.skinnytaste.com!  I used Gina's recipe for Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks and Skinny Buffalo Wings.  (I modified the cheesesticks a bit by using whole wheat breadcrumbs.)  Gina includes Weight Watchers points for every recipe and lots of photos too! 

Everything looks and smells great...can't wait to try them!

I have to admit that I don't care about either team this year (I'm still a Dallas Cowboys fan at heart!), so the game itself holds no real interest for me.  I do, however, like to see the commercials!  We've had some good ones over the years.  I was telling my son about some of the famous ones that I remember from growing-up.  Do you have a favorite SuperBowl commerical?

Are you ready for some football??!!??




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I love reading what you think about my projects, recipes, et cetera.